TAOS, N.M. (AP) — Taos County Sheriff’s officials say two wanted fugitives have been arrested along with four other occupants of a home.
Deputies executed a search warrant Friday and say Jaelynn Duran and Eric Griego were taken into custody.
Sheriff’s officials say Duran was found hiding in a closet in the basement and tried to escape, which will result in an additional charge of resisting arrest.
They say Griego was armed with a knife and tried to flee from the back of the house before he was subdued and taken into custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
The search of the Taos house turned up rifles, methamphetamine and heroin.
Authorities say another occupant of the home was arrested for a warrant out of Bernalillo and three others were arrested for harboring or aiding a felon.