BERLIN (AP) — Police in Austria say a woman has been arrested for allegedly suffocating her 8-month-old son in a Vienna hospital.
Vienna police said Saturday that the suffocation took place Wednesday in a room at the hospital where the 37-year-old mother and her baby had been admitted.
A police statement issued Saturday said the mother then fled and tried to kill herself.
The statement from Vienna police said the “obviously mentally ill” woman was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to a secure psychiatric unit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW