BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — A Serbian court has ruled that two Australians arrested over a $390 million cocaine haul can be extradited to Australia.
The Higher Court in Belgrade said Thursday that Tristan Waters and Rohan Arnold “met legal conditions” for their extradition, which was requested by Australian authorities.
The two, along with another Australian, David Campbell, were arrested in January after police stormed a Belgrade hotel and seized around $1 million in foreign currencies. Campbell’s case is still pending.
Serbian police at the time said the men were linked to the discovery of 1.28 metric tons (1.41 U.S. tons) of cocaine last April on a Chinese freighter that docked in Sydney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Woman, 29, enrolled in high school and pretended to be a teenager
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- Ski resorts can now make fake snow in 80 degrees. Here's why that's a problem
- Australians scour desert for dangerous radioactive capsule smaller than a penny
Australian police described the haul as the second-largest in Australian law enforcement history.