AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas police officer who pulled over a driver for illegal use of a cellphone ended up helping the woman, who was trying to call 911 while choking.
Austin police on Monday released patrol car video taken during the July 5 incident.
The video shows Officer Dustin Clinkscales walking to the woman’s her car, then asking, “Are you OK? Are you choking?”
Clinkscales did the Heimlich maneuver on the woman. He’s heard asking, “Did you get it?”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Image of Queen Elizabeth II sitting alone at Philip's funeral breaks hearts around the world
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Armed 'quick reaction force' was waiting for order to storm Capitol, Justice Dept. says
The food dislodged, but the woman fainted. She was transported to a hospital and examined, as a precaution.
Her father, Austin police Detective Duncan Dunn, says his daughter is very thankful and expressed appreciation on her behalf. Authorities say the woman was eating a chicken biscuit when she choked.