SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Von G. Keetch, a Salt Lake City attorney who represented the Mormon church and served in senior posts in the church’s leadership, has died.
Spokesman Eric Hawkins of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says Keetch died Friday night after what Hawkins called a “brief and sudden illness.” Keetch was 57.
Keetch was an attorney with Kirton McConkie, a firm that represented the church, and he was the executive director of the church’s public affairs department.
He became a General Authority Seventy in April 2015. He previously served as the church’s main outside attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
Early in his legal career, he clerked for a 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals judge and for U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burger and for Justice Antonin Scalia.