CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — Attorney Brad Hart has been sworn into office as mayor of Cedar Rapids.
Hart became mayor of Iowa’s second-largest city Tuesday morning, nearly a month after defeating former City Council member Monica Vernon in a runoff election.
Hart says his priorities would include flood protection, affordable housing and hearing from the city’s young people about their needs.
Several council members were also sworn into office Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
Hart replaces Ron Corbett, who left after eight years in office. He’s seeking the Republican nomination for governor in this year’s party primary.