MEXICO CITY (AP) — Authorities in the central Mexico state of Puebla say gunmen have shot to death three young women and two men while wounding three others during an attack on a house.
The Puebla state prosecutors’ office says the women ranged in age from 16 to 23. The men were 24 and 41.
There was no immediate information on motive. But the prosecutor’s office said Monday that the shooting happened at a house in the city of Huauchinango where officials found packages of marijuana after the attack.
Puebla has seen an increase in violence related to drugs, fuel theft and robbery from trains.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions