MAHWAH, N.J. (AP) — Police say a man drove off with a bag containing $150,000 in cash after two employees who were replenishing ATMs mistakenly left it on a lawn in northern New Jersey.
Mahwah police say in a news release that the ATM employees had stopped at a business on Industrial Avenue when one of them placed the satchel on the front lawn as he moved items around in their vehicle.
They drove off, forgetting the bag.
Sometime after 11:15 a.m. Monday, surveillance video shows a passenger in a white van grabbing the bag.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- A humpback whale swallowed a lobster diver whole and spit him out alive: 'It tried to eat me'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- In California, the rapid creation of possibly the coolest new high school in America
- Va. couple first to plead guilty to misdemeanors only in Capitol riot, but will they get prison time?
The van was seen in other video surveillance pulling into a nearby auto repair business and pilfering used tires.
Police say the ATM employees are cooperating with the investigation.