ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say a 10-year-old girl was shot twice in a home.
Atlanta police Officer Donald Hannah tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that officers were called to a location after someone opened fire on the residence Wednesday.
Police say witness statements indicate that the girl was in the living room watching television when she was struck by the rounds.
The girl was struck in the leg and buttocks. Police say her injuries were not life-threatening and no one else in the residence was shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
Investigators do not know who opened fire at the home, or the motive behind the shooting.