ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say a 10-year-old girl was shot twice in a home.
Atlanta police Officer Donald Hannah tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that officers were called to a location after someone opened fire on the residence Wednesday.
Police say witness statements indicate that the girl was in the living room watching television when she was struck by the rounds.
The girl was struck in the leg and buttocks. Police say her injuries were not life-threatening and no one else in the residence was shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
Investigators do not know who opened fire at the home, or the motive behind the shooting.