ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say a 10-year-old girl was shot twice in a home.
Atlanta police Officer Donald Hannah tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that officers were called to a location after someone opened fire on the residence Wednesday.
Police say witness statements indicate that the girl was in the living room watching television when she was struck by the rounds.
The girl was struck in the leg and buttocks. Police say her injuries were not life-threatening and no one else in the residence was shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Investigators do not know who opened fire at the home, or the motive behind the shooting.