ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say a 10-year-old girl was shot twice in a home.
Atlanta police Officer Donald Hannah tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that officers were called to a location after someone opened fire on the residence Wednesday.
Police say witness statements indicate that the girl was in the living room watching television when she was struck by the rounds.
The girl was struck in the leg and buttocks. Police say her injuries were not life-threatening and no one else in the residence was shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
Investigators do not know who opened fire at the home, or the motive behind the shooting.