ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say a 10-year-old girl was shot twice in a home.
Atlanta police Officer Donald Hannah tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that officers were called to a location after someone opened fire on the residence Wednesday.
Police say witness statements indicate that the girl was in the living room watching television when she was struck by the rounds.
The girl was struck in the leg and buttocks. Police say her injuries were not life-threatening and no one else in the residence was shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Investigators do not know who opened fire at the home, or the motive behind the shooting.