ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say they’ve arrested two suspects in the fatal street shooting of an 11-year-old boy nearly 25 years ago.
Jeremiah Anderson was shot once in the back the night of Nov. 9, 1991, and died at the scene.
Police said 46-year-old Raymond McDaniel and 42-year-old Roderick Clark were arrested Friday and charged with murder.
Police say Anderson and some friends were outside where several men were gambling on dice games when a stolen vehicle approached and two men got out. Police say one had an assault rifle and the other a handgun, and both opened fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Everyone’s going to Hawaii, and the resorts aren’t ready
- The Earth is now trapping an 'unprecedented' amount of heat, NASA says
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Camper shoots Idaho family's dog after mistaking her for a wolf
- GOP congressman refuses to shake hands with D.C. police officer who protected the Capitol on Jan. 6, lawmakers say
Police began to scrutinize the case again last year after a call from Anderson’s mother, who lives in Alabama.
The two were in custody and it wasn’t immediately clear if they have lawyers.