ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police say they’ve arrested two suspects in the fatal street shooting of an 11-year-old boy nearly 25 years ago.
Jeremiah Anderson was shot once in the back the night of Nov. 9, 1991, and died at the scene.
Police said 46-year-old Raymond McDaniel and 42-year-old Roderick Clark were arrested Friday and charged with murder.
Police say Anderson and some friends were outside where several men were gambling on dice games when a stolen vehicle approached and two men got out. Police say one had an assault rifle and the other a handgun, and both opened fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- COVID kills a leading anti-vaccine televangelist; evangelicals don't want to talk about it
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Which booster shot is best? Study of 7 COVID vaccines pinpoints the effects of each
- A Kamala Harris staff exodus reignites questions about her leadership style — and her future ambitions
- Michigan parents found in building; bond set at $500K apiece
Police began to scrutinize the case again last year after a call from Anderson’s mother, who lives in Alabama.
The two were in custody and it wasn’t immediately clear if they have lawyers.