LONDON (AP) — British police say a man who had been kicked out of a nightclub rammed his car into revelers on a dance floor, injuring at least 13 people.
The Kent Police force says the 21-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder over Saturday’s crash in Gravesend, 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of London. Police say they are not treating the incident as terrorism.
Footage posted on social media showed a large car on a dance floor inside a marquee tent at Blake’s nightclub. On Facebook, the club thanked “the heroic actions of our door team and guests to apprehend the individual before further harm was caused.”
Police said Sunday that at least 13 people suffered injuries including broken bones but none of the injuries is life-threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing