LONDON (AP) — British police say a man who had been kicked out of a nightclub rammed his car into revelers on a dance floor, injuring at least 13 people.
The Kent Police force says the 21-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder over Saturday’s crash in Gravesend, 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of London. Police say they are not treating the incident as terrorism.
Footage posted on social media showed a large car on a dance floor inside a marquee tent at Blake’s nightclub. On Facebook, the club thanked “the heroic actions of our door team and guests to apprehend the individual before further harm was caused.”
Police said Sunday that at least 13 people suffered injuries including broken bones but none of the injuries is life-threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote