LONDON (AP) — British police say a man who had been kicked out of a nightclub rammed his car into revelers on a dance floor, injuring at least 13 people.
The Kent Police force says the 21-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder over Saturday’s crash in Gravesend, 30 miles (48 kilometers) southeast of London. Police say they are not treating the incident as terrorism.
Footage posted on social media showed a large car on a dance floor inside a marquee tent at Blake’s nightclub. On Facebook, the club thanked “the heroic actions of our door team and guests to apprehend the individual before further harm was caused.”
Police said Sunday that at least 13 people suffered injuries including broken bones but none of the injuries is life-threatening.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident