CINCINNATI (AP) — Police say at least 12 children have been hospitalized, one in critical condition, after a school bus crashed during a multi-vehicle accident.
Police say two toddlers were hospitalized in serious condition after the car they were riding in was struck Monday afternoon by a car whose 23-year-old driver lost control after passing another vehicle. Police say the car the children were in then struck the school bus, causing it to spin into another car. The driver of the children’s car was hospitalized in serious condition.
Some 20 students on a bus serving Pleasant Hill Academy were treated at Cincinnati Children’s hospital. A 12-year-old girl was critically injured and the bus driver was hospitalized in fair condition.
Police blame excessive speed and say charges are pending against the passing driver.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, trailblazer and champion of liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
- Troops stormed a prison. They found inmates had built a luxury resort.