ASPEN, Colo. (AP) — The Aspen area is sending six athletes to the Winter Olympics.
The Aspen Times reports halfpipe skiers Torin Yater-Wallace and Alex Ferreira, alpine skiers Wiley Maple and Alice McKennis, and cross-country skiers Simi Hamilton and Noah Hoffman will represent the United States at the Winter Olympic Games this month.
All told, the Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club is sending nine former athletes to the Olympics this month, including Summit County snowboarder Chris Corning, Eagle snowboarder Jake Pates and Telluride snowboarder Hagen Kearney.
Most of the 2018 Olympians will be en route to South Korea by the end of the weekend, if not sooner. The opening ceremony is scheduled for Feb. 9, with the closing ceremony set for Feb. 25.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Information from: The Aspen Times, http://www.aspentimes.com/