ASPEN, Colo. (AP) — The Aspen area is sending six athletes to the Winter Olympics.
The Aspen Times reports halfpipe skiers Torin Yater-Wallace and Alex Ferreira, alpine skiers Wiley Maple and Alice McKennis, and cross-country skiers Simi Hamilton and Noah Hoffman will represent the United States at the Winter Olympic Games this month.
All told, the Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club is sending nine former athletes to the Olympics this month, including Summit County snowboarder Chris Corning, Eagle snowboarder Jake Pates and Telluride snowboarder Hagen Kearney.
Most of the 2018 Olympians will be en route to South Korea by the end of the weekend, if not sooner. The opening ceremony is scheduled for Feb. 9, with the closing ceremony set for Feb. 25.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Information from: The Aspen Times, http://www.aspentimes.com/