MOORESTOWN, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey art teacher has pledged to wear the same outfit for 100 days to teach students about sustainability.
William W. Allen Middle School teacher Julia Mooney tells WPVI-TV that wearing a different outfit each day is “very wasteful” and that the fashion industry is a “huge polluter.”
The art teacher wears an apron during class time to avoid stains. Mooney says she washes the dress and even has a backup.
Mooney ultimately hopes her sustainability project will serve as an example for students. She plans to continue documenting her progress and sharing lessons about green practices through an Instagram page .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- 'Sister Wives' family makes home in inclusive Arizona city
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW