MOORESTOWN, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey art teacher has pledged to wear the same outfit for 100 days to teach students about sustainability.
William W. Allen Middle School teacher Julia Mooney tells WPVI-TV that wearing a different outfit each day is “very wasteful” and that the fashion industry is a “huge polluter.”
The art teacher wears an apron during class time to avoid stains. Mooney says she washes the dress and even has a backup.
Mooney ultimately hopes her sustainability project will serve as an example for students. She plans to continue documenting her progress and sharing lessons about green practices through an Instagram page .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH