VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a woman in Mississippi.
The Vicksburg Post reports that 56-year-old Darrell Lepercy Green was arrested Sunday and charged with murder. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Police reports say Green and 45-year-old Latonya Love Campbell had been dating and recently ended their relationship. Campbell returned home from work Saturday night and found Green at her home.
The newspaper says an argument ensued that resulted in Green shooting her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- If you think the political divide is worse than ever, you may be right
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires
Warren County Coroner Doug Huskey pronounced the woman dead at the scene. An autopsy has been ordered.
Information from: The Vicksburg Post, http://www.vicksburgpost.com