CANTON, S.D. (AP) — Lincoln County sheriff’s officials have made an arrest in a hit-and-run crash that killed a woman out for a walk near Worthing.
Authorities say information from the public led to the arrest of a 21-year-old Sioux Falls man. He’s being held on a possible charge of first-degree manslaughter.
Authorities began a search for 34-year-old Tessa Jacobs Wednesday evening after she failed to return from a walk. Her body was found early the next morning in a ditch along a gravel road.
Based on evidence at the scene, deputies were able to determine it was a Chevy Silverado pickup truck that struck her. And, that led to an arrest.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- A New Jersey toddler spent nearly $1,800 using his mom's phone. She didn't know until packages started arriving.