CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have made an arrest in a Christmas Day shooting that left a 1-year-old in critical condition.
A news release from the Chapel Hill Police Department says a task force arrested the suspect without incident in Durham Sunday morning.
The release identified the suspect as 22-year-old Shaquille Oneill Davis. Chapel Hill police say he was wanted on charges including attempted first-degree murder. Davis is being held in the Orange County Jail on a $650,000 bond. It wasn’t immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
The shooting happened around 5:45 p.m. Friday in Chapel Hill. Authorities say that shots had been fired from a vehicle that left the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's what we know about the 'delta-plus' variant, already detected in U.S. and elsewhere
- Passenger arrives taped to his seat after assault of 3 flight attendants
- Virtually all emperor penguins may be pushed to brink of extinction, study finds
- Should I mask? Can I travel? What about hugs? How delta is changing advice for the vaccinated
- Kim Jong Un's mysterious head bandage fuels further speculation over his health
The news release Sunday says that 1-year-old victim Maleah Williams remains in critical condition at a hospital from a gunshot wound.