WESTBROOK, Maine (AP) — Westbrook police have made an arrest following a spate of armed robberies across southern Maine.
Police said 38-year-old Travis Card was arrested Friday and his vehicle was seized. Police also searched his Westbrook home.
Police said the operation was a joint effort between the Westbrook, Portland and South Portland police departments, along with the FBI. Westbrook Police Capt. Sean Lally said they are investigating the possibility of a connection to other robberies.
There are 13 unsolved robberies in the region. Four of the recent robberies took place in Westbrook, which was the hardest hit community.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
It wasn’t immediately known if Card had a lawyer, and phone numbers listed for him were not in service. Card’s father told the Portland Press Herald his son told him police have the wrong guy.