JOHN DAY, Ore. (AP) — An eastern Oregon man police say shot a man from Eugene on a camping trip has been taken into custody.
KTVZ-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2yXWL62) that Oregon State Police arrested 32-year-old Kevin Rapp of John Day on Friday afternoon following the shooting of 27-year-old Kyler Weisenback.
Rapp is being held in the Grant County Jail and faces charges of attempted murder, first-degree assault and unlawful use of a weapon. He also had two outstanding warrants.
Police say Weisenback was awakened while camping at the Dixie Creek Campground east of Prairie City on Monday morning and shot twice with a small-caliber firearm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
Oregon State Police Sgt. Michael Berland says Weisenback was flown to a hospital in Bend and then transferred to a hospital in Portland for treatment.
His condition wasn’t released.
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/