JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Juneau police are looking for a suspected shoplifter who threatened employees with a knife.
Employees of Juneau’s Home Depot store told police they tried to stop a man who left the store with $400 in unpaid merchandise.
As employees struggled with the man, a customer grabbed the suspect and tried to hold him.
The witnesses said the man pulled out a knife, threatened to stab the employees and the customer, ran off and fled in a blue pickup.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe
Store employees identified a second man who has been with the suspect.
The second man was found with unpaid items underneath his clothing. He was charged with concealment of merchandise.