BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) — A northwest Arkansas woman has been arrested on a capital murder warrant in the hammer beating death of her 81-year-old grandmother.
A Benton County Circuity Court judge set a $750,000 bond Wednesday after finding probable cause to hold 26-year-old Andrea Lea Wilson pending the filing of a formal charge.
The defense attorney for Wilson hasn’t returned a phone call seeking comment.
Wilson is suspected in the death of Ruby Ross of Pea Ridge, whose body was found May 16 in bed in her home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Space station discarded some trash. It rained fire in California's sky WATCH
- Ship owned by U.S. Navy tips over at Edinburgh port, injuring dozens
- Idaho hospital to stop delivering babies, partly due to 'political climate'
- 2 people dig out of jail with toothbrush, get caught at IHOP, officials say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
An affidavit in the case says an autopsy found that Ross was struck at least four times in the head with a hammer and that a bloody hammer was found on her property.