WYNNE, Ark. (AP) — Officials say a woman has been charged with two counts of abuse of a corpse after the bodies of stillborn twins were found last month in a suitcase along a road in eastern Arkansas.
Cross County officials say the twins were stillborn 6 to 8 weeks before reaching full term. The sheriff’s office says that after it released information about items found with the twins, the agency was led to 24-year-old Keysheonna Reed of Wynne.
The Arkansas State Crime Lab says there were no illegal substances in the bodies, which were found Feb. 16 in a purple suitcase along a county road near Wynne, 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Little Rock.
Cross County jail records show Reed was booked Thursday. No lawyer was listed for her.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Woman, 29, enrolled in high school and pretended to be a teenager
- Ski resorts can now make fake snow in 80 degrees. Here's why that's a problem
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Tyre Nichols' brutal beating by police shown on video
- California shooting: 3 dead, 4 hurt in ritzy LA neighborhood