CONWAY, Ark. (AP) — A 31-year-old Arkansas woman who claims she acted in self-defense when she allegedly stabbed her boyfriend to death has been arrested for murder.
Records indicate that Octavia Johnson was being held in the Faulkner County Jail Monday on a second-degree murder charge.
The Conway Police Department says Johnson was arrested Sunday night following the fatal stabbing of 31-year-old Jeremy Smith in Conway, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) northwest of Little Rock.
Johnson claims she stabbed Smith in self-defense, but witnesses told investigators they saw Johnson chasing Smith with the knife before stabbing him about 8:30 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Jail records indicate Johnson is being held without bail and no attorney is listed to speak on her behalf.