LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — The Arkansas State Police say two people died in separate crashes on state roads over the weekend.
Police say in preliminary crash summaries that 24-year-old Springdale resident Albert J. Mellow was killed in a crash late Sunday in Benton County. Earlier Sunday evening, 74-year-old Morrilton resident Fred Fetcher was killed in a wreck in Conway County.
Police say Mellow was traveling on U.S.62 when his vehicle crossed the center line, struck the front of a second vehicle, then spun around and struck the front of a third vehicle.
State police say Fletcher was heading west on U.S. 64 when another vehicle traveling eastbound crossed the center line and struck the front of Fletcher’s vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally