LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — The Arkansas State Police say two people died in separate crashes on state roads over the weekend.
Police say in preliminary crash summaries that 24-year-old Springdale resident Albert J. Mellow was killed in a crash late Sunday in Benton County. Earlier Sunday evening, 74-year-old Morrilton resident Fred Fetcher was killed in a wreck in Conway County.
Police say Mellow was traveling on U.S.62 when his vehicle crossed the center line, struck the front of a second vehicle, then spun around and struck the front of a third vehicle.
State police say Fletcher was heading west on U.S. 64 when another vehicle traveling eastbound crossed the center line and struck the front of Fletcher’s vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding