PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona’s unemployment rate remained steady at 4.9 percent in March as the state’s economy added 12,300 nonfarm jobs, mostly in the leisure and hospitality sector.
The state’s March seasonally adjusted unemployment rate remained unchanged from February, with a month-over-month increase of 9,171 people in the Arizona’s seasonally adjusted labor force.
State officials say leisure and hospitality was among eight sectors that added jobs in March as the sector’s workforce grew by 7,100.
The government sector was among three sectors that lost jobs as it shed 1,800 positons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events