MARANA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities in southern Arizona say a man suspected of robbing a spa was held at gunpoint by a patron of the business until police arrived.
Officers received a call Wednesday that someone had held up employees of the Nirvana Reflexology Spa in Marana after gaining access to through a back door.
The suspect, identified as 28-year-old Eric Allen Maynes, allegedly brandished a knife and took their money before fleeing.
Police say the patron chased Maynes and fired several shots with a handgun in the direction of the suspect. No one was injured, but police say the unidentified patron kept Maynes from leaving until officers arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
Maynes was booked into the Pima County jail on felony armed robbery, aggravated assault and kidnapping charges. It wasn’t clear if he had an attorney.