PHOENIX (AP) — New leadership will be at the helm of two Arizona Senate committees due to the impending resignation of Republican Sen. Debbie Lesko.
State Senate President Steve Yarbrough announced the changes Thursday, saying they would be effective immediately.
Sen. John Kavanagh will move from vice-chair to chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee. Sen. Warren Petersen will become the vice-chair.
Sens. Karen Fann and Sonny Borrelli will be added to the finance panel to replace Lesko and Sen. Steve Montenegro, who has already resigned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
Both Montenegro and Lesko are candidates for the heavily Republican 8th Congressional District seat.
As for the Senate Committee on Government, Borrelli will serve as chairman and Kavanagh moves to vice-chair.