PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona man has been arrested in connection with the 1987 death of a Texas woman whose body was found in the bathtub of her San Antonio home.
Prescott police announced Tuesday that 65-year-old Larry Moore is in custody and awaiting extradition to Texas’ Bexar County.
A county grand jury indicted Moore with capital murder last Friday.
He’s facing charges of sexual assault and strangulation while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
County prosecutors say 25-year-old Dianna Lowery was found dead in January 1987 and an autopsy revealed it was a homicide.
The case went cold for decades until a second investigation led authorities to Moore, who lived in the duplex next door to Lowery in 1987 and allegedly had a spare key that allowed him access to her apartment.