PRESCOTT, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona man has been arrested in connection with the 1987 death of a Texas woman whose body was found in the bathtub of her San Antonio home.
Prescott police announced Tuesday that 65-year-old Larry Moore is in custody and awaiting extradition to Texas’ Bexar County.
A county grand jury indicted Moore with capital murder last Friday.
He’s facing charges of sexual assault and strangulation while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
County prosecutors say 25-year-old Dianna Lowery was found dead in January 1987 and an autopsy revealed it was a homicide.
The case went cold for decades until a second investigation led authorities to Moore, who lived in the duplex next door to Lowery in 1987 and allegedly had a spare key that allowed him access to her apartment.