EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A maintenance shop is being accused of labor trafficking and wage violations.
A Massachusetts led investigator team executed a search warrant for Martins Maintenance in East Providence Wednesday.
Labor trafficking is coercion of employees to work through violence and threats.
WPRI-TV reports the Attorney General’s office of Massachusetts says the search is the result of alleged labor trafficking and criminal wage and hour violations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
The maintenance company provides janitorial services for businesses. Owners have not returned requests for comment.
Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com