EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A maintenance shop is being accused of labor trafficking and wage violations.
A Massachusetts led investigator team executed a search warrant for Martins Maintenance in East Providence Wednesday.
Labor trafficking is coercion of employees to work through violence and threats.
WPRI-TV reports the Attorney General’s office of Massachusetts says the search is the result of alleged labor trafficking and criminal wage and hour violations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
The maintenance company provides janitorial services for businesses. Owners have not returned requests for comment.
Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com