EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A maintenance shop is being accused of labor trafficking and wage violations.
A Massachusetts led investigator team executed a search warrant for Martins Maintenance in East Providence Wednesday.
Labor trafficking is coercion of employees to work through violence and threats.
WPRI-TV reports the Attorney General’s office of Massachusetts says the search is the result of alleged labor trafficking and criminal wage and hour violations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
The maintenance company provides janitorial services for businesses. Owners have not returned requests for comment.
Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com