ANOKA, Minn. (AP) — A 9-year-old English bulldog has died just weeks after winning the 2018 World’s Ugliest Dog contest.
Owner Megan Brainard of Anoka, Minnesota, told NBC’s “Today ” that Zsa Zsa died in her sleep Tuesday. Brainard says the dog was staying with her father and he found she had passed away when he got up in the morning.
Zsa Zsa — with her floppy tongue, crooked teeth and pink manicure — won the annual contest on June 23 at the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds in Petaluma, California.
Brainard says Zsa Zsa never really showed much excitement, but that she knew she was special.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Navy SEALs were warned against reporting their chief for war crimes
- Justices seem ready to OK asking citizenship on census VIEW
- Militia leader said members were training to kill Obama, Clinton and Soros, FBI says WATCH
Dogs in the annual competition flaunt their imperfections. The contestants included a blackhead-covered Chinese Crested-Dachshund mutt, a bulldog mix with excess wrinkly skin and a Pekingese named Wild Thang.