A central Nebraska recreation area is getting a series of upgrades
AYR, Neb. (AP) — A central Nebraska recreation area is getting a series of upgrades.
The Hastings Tribune reports that work has begun at Crystal Lake State Recreation Area. Crews will dredge the lake and improve the park’s recreational features.
The plans call for excavating sediment from the lake, reshaping and stabilizing the shoreline, and creating additional access for fishing. The area will also get a recreational trail, kayak and canoe launching area, handicapped-accessible parking and a new wetland on the lake’s south end to improve the water quality.
Crews hope to have a lot of the work done by the summer’s end. The camping area will remain open during construction, but the lake will be closed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Hastings Tribune, http://www.hastingstribune.com