GOODING, Idaho (AP) — A former Idaho school employee will serve 90 days in jail and four years of probation for sexually abusing a teenage student.
The Times-News reports Ann Kuroki was sentenced Tuesday to up to 10 years in prison, with the possibility of parole after three years. But the judge suspended the sentence and Kuroki will serve 90 days in Gooding County Jail and four years of supervised probation.
Kuroki must undergo sex offender treatment while on probation. Kuroki could serve her prison sentence if she fails on probation.
Kuroki pleaded guilty in March to two counts of felony injury to a child and dispensing alcohol to a minor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
She was arrested in January after the mother of a 17-year-old Gooding High School student learned Kuroki and the boy had sexual contact.
Information from: The Times-News, http://www.magicvalley.com