A Detroit woman has been charged in a crash that killed a 57-year-old road construction worker
DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit woman has been charged in a crash that killed a 57-year-old road construction worker.
The Wayne County prosecutor’s office says 22-year-old Samiya Speed was arraigned Monday on operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated causing death, driving on a suspended license causing death and careless driving in a work zone causing death charges.
David Snell of Bay City was in a construction zone on Interstate 75 near downtown Detroit Thursday when he was struck by a vehicle. Snell was helping another worker connect a utility trailer to a pickup.
Speed has a June 26 probable cause conference in 36th District Court. Her preliminary examination is scheduled for July 2.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'