Prosecutors say a Wichita man has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting two teenage boys
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Prosecutors say a Wichita man has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting two teenage boys.
District Attorney Marc Bennett’s office said in a news release Friday that 29-year-old Frank Carbiss III got 122 months in prison after convictions for criminal sodomy, sexual exploitation of a child and indecent solicitation of a child.
He was also ordered at sentencing on Thursday to register as a sex offender for the remainder of his life.
The penalty is the maximum he could receive under Kansas sentencing guidelines.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
The crimes occurred in August 2016 and involved two boys, ages 14 and 15.