Officials in New Hampshire say a truck driver lost control of a tractor trailer and jackknifed, forcing a temporary closure of lanes on Interstate 93.
LONDONDERRY, N.H. (AP) — Officials in New Hampshire say a truck driver lost control of a tractor trailer and jackknifed, forcing a temporary closure of lanes on Interstate 93.
Londonderry police say a 29-year-old driver lost control of her pickup truck and crashed into a guardrail Monday morning. WMUR-TV reports the 65-year-old driver of the larger truck was unable to avoid crashing into the pickup, and jackknifed while attempting to swerve to safety.
The pickup truck driver suffered an arm injury and was treated at a local hospital. The tractor-trailer driver was not hurt.
All northbound lanes were closed after the crash, leading to miles of traffic backups. Officials say lanes were reopened later in the morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- Dentist killed his wife on an African hunting trip, U.S. says
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com