A towel-clad woman is accused of stealing a car and its passenger, a nearly 5-year-old Pomeranian named Bear
GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) — A towel-clad woman is accused of stealing a car and its passenger, a nearly 5-year-old Pomeranian named Bear.
The Gainesville Times reports Matt Sanders loaded Bear into the car Sunday and ran back inside his Georgia home for his phone. Sanders said he returned to see the unidentified woman drive off with Bear. Sanders and Bear reunited Monday.
Braselton Police Chief Terry Esco says the department received a complaint around 3 a.m. Monday about a woman with heart problems at a hotel. Officers arrived and found Bear unharmed in the room’s bathroom. He says officers ran the license plate on a car outside and discovered it was stolen. He says charges are pending the woman’s medical status. Hall County Sheriff’s Office says it hasn’t made a “determination” on charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
Information from: The Times, http://www.gainesvilletimes.com