Florida authorities are searching for two suspects after an injured alligator was dumped in a Wawa store
LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities are searching for two suspects after an injured alligator was dumped in a Wawa store.
The Bradenton Herald quotes Manatee County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dave Bristow as saying the department was alerted to the alligator around 2:30 a.m. Friday. Bristow says the department was told two people had dropped off a three-foot (1-meter) alligator at the Lakewood Ranch convenience store.
Deputies alerted the Fish and Wildlife Commission, which sent a trapper who removed the gator.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- 'Whoa, that's not right': Georgia towns lead census appeals
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com