FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) — Movie star Gal Gadot surprised children at a Virginia hospital with a superpowered superhero moment: She visited them wearing her iconic Amazonian armor costume from the popular “Wonder Woman” film.
Gadot doled out hugs, kisses, and autographs Friday at Inova Children’s Hospital in northern Virginia. She posed for photos with patients and staffers, and those started popping up on social media over the weekend.
One mom, Kelly Sahady of Sterling, posted photos of Gadot holding her 7-month-old daughter and giving her a kiss. Sahady tells WUSA-TV her daughter, Karalyne, is fighting an aggressive form of pediatric cancer called acute myeloid leukemia. She says meeting Gadot was a fun break.
Crews have been shooting “Wonder Woman 1984” in the Washington region in recent weeks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother