Sparks police investigating a possible attempted kidnapping of a young girl earlier this week say they've determined that no crime occurred.
SPARKS, Nev. (AP) — Sparks police investigating a possible attempted kidnapping of a young girl earlier this week say they’ve determined that no crime occurred.
A neighbor reported to police on Wednesday that a middle-aged Hispanic man wearing a green baseball cap was walking hand-in-hand with the 6-year-old child away from her apartment in west Sparks.
The neighbor yelled for the girl to come to her, and the man left the area.
Police issued a plea for help from the public and Secret Witness offered a reward.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
But Sparks police said late Thursday the suspect contacted authorities and cooperated with investigators, who concluded there was no criminal intent and closed the case.