Authorities are searching for a missing soldier in the Tennessee River in Kentucky
LAKE CITY, Ky. (AP) — Authorities are searching for a missing soldier in the Tennessee River in Kentucky.
Media outlets report the man was reported missing Friday while tubing on the river near Lake City. The Lyon County Emergency Management Agency says the man is a soldier from Fort Campbell.
The soldier’s name was unavailable. An email sent to Fort Campbell was not immediately returned Saturday.
Several agencies are involved in the search. The Coast Guard said Saturday it has ended its involvement because the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office no longer requested its assistance.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
Lake City is about 110 miles northwest of Nashville, Tennessee.