A bus carrying members of the Pennsylvania National Guard has crashed into a fireworks store
NEW MILFORD, Pa. (AP) — A bus carrying members of the Pennsylvania National Guard has crashed into a fireworks store.
Police say the crash happened Friday morning in New Milford Township when the driver of the bus passed out behind the wheel.
The runaway vehicle went through a field and struck a utility pole before slamming into the side of Monteforte Fireworks.
State police say the crash did not set off an explosion, and no injuries were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
The National Guard says the bus was transporting members from Honesdale to State College at the time of the crash.
Police say no tickets will be issued.
The owner of the fireworks store James Monteforte tells WNEP-TV that they are still open for business despite the damage.