NEW YORK (AP) — Robin Wright says that the cast was surprised and saddened about the sexual misconduct allegations against former “House of Cards” co-star Kevin Spacey.
Speaking in a taped interview Monday on NBC’s “Today” show, Wright says she really “didn’t know the man.” Wright says she and Spacey only knew each other between “action and cut.” She says they would giggle between scenes and he was always professional.
“Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp in October accused Spacey of sexual misconduct when he was 14 and Spacey was 26. Spacey tweeted his “sincerest apology” for what he labeled drunken behavior.
Spacey was fired from the Netflix series after several employees accused him of inappropriate behavior. More than 15 men have since made allegations against Spacey.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
The sixth and final season of “House of Cards” airs this fall.