Providence police arrested two suspects in connection with a fatal shooting
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Providence police have arrested two suspects in connection with a fatal shooting.
Police say 24-year-old Anthony Sharpe and 23-year-old George Webb were taken into custody for the shooting death of 25-year-old Jacorey Sanders, of New Bedford. Authorities say they are searching for three other suspects.
Sanders was shot Sunday morning as he ran to his car. He was taken to Rhode Island Hospital where he died from his injuries.
Maj. David Lapatin says Sanders told police at the club that he thought three men were after him. Lapatin says police denied the men entry and escorted Sanders out of the back exit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Texas church criticized for its take on ‘Hamilton’
Sanders was taken to a street festival where he told officers he felt safe. Lapatin say the suspects found the victim about thirty minutes later. Attorneys for Sharpe and Webb could not be immediately identified.