WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland’s Interior Ministry says a regional police chief and one of his deputies have been fired after they attended a party during which a senior anti-terrorist investigator fell from a window and died.
The accident occurred early Thursday at a Baltic coast resort during an after-hours party following a meeting of police chiefs from the western town of Gorzow Wielkopolski. The 47-year-old head of the anti-terrorist division fell from a 2nd floor window and sustained fatal head injuries
Interior Minister Joachim Brudzinski fired the Gorzow Wielkopolski police chief and one of his deputies, who attended the party. TVN24 said 11 other officers were also dismissed after failing to appear for breathalyzer tests.
National police spokesman Mariusz Ciarka said an autopsy has been ordered by the investigating prosecutors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration