EAST WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) — Police have arrested a Connecticut town official they say punched a 70-year-old man in the face.
East Windsor police arrested 65-year-old Steve Dearborn on Wednesday in connection with his altercation with Gerald Wilcox. Dearborn is a deputy selectman for East Windsor.
Officer Matthew Carl tells the Hartford Courant that Dearborn and Wilcox have a yearslong dispute about the zoning rules regarding their neighboring businesses.
Wilcox told officers he had been taking pictures of something Dearborn was doing on the property when he was struck. Wilcox, a Vietnam veteran, tells The Journal Inquirer he was standing in the street at the time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- Dentist killed his wife on an African hunting trip, U.S. says
Police say Wilcox suffered bruising and swelling, but declined medical attention.
Dearborn refused comment.
He’s charged with third-degree assault on an elderly person and breach of peace.