ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Police say a suspect has been arrested after a Texas college student reported being kidnapped and sexually assaulted at gunpoint.
Arlington police say 20-year-old Joel Engobo Mambe was arrested Thursday in Fort Worth. Police say he’s accused of attacking a University of Texas at Arlington student early Wednesday.
Arlington police say some of the victim’s property was recovered, along with a gun allegedly used in the attack.
Police say the victim had been out with friends and was returning to her apartment when an armed man approached and demanded money.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Investigators say the victim was forced to drive to an ATM and withdraw cash, and was then sexually assaulted at another location before the gunman fled.
Records show Mambe was jailed without bond on charges of aggravated kidnapping, robbery and sexual assault. The records don’t list a defense attorney.