A Tennessee teenager has been accused of killing his girlfriend's toddler son in 2016
JASPER, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee teenager has been accused of killing his girlfriend’s toddler son in 2016.
In a statement, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says 2-year-old Zayne Harper was fatally injured in August 2016 while his mother’s then-17-year-old boyfriend was watching him. A warrant charging the unidentified suspect with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse was served on Monday.
The statement says the TBI and South Pittsburg police have been investigating the toddler’s injuries since September 2016.
The autopsy report says the suspect told authorities the toddler had a wreck on his tricycle the day before he died. Authorities say Zayne had more than 30 injuries over his body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
The suspect’s name has not been released, since he was a juvenile at the time of the incident.