PARMA HEIGHTS, Ohio (AP) — A police officer has been shot during a traffic stop in Ohio.
Authorities say the Parma Heights detective was shot in the leg while assisting in a routine traffic stop in the city near Cleveland around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the detective and a Parma police officer returned fire, striking the driver.
Both the driver and the police detective have been hospitalized. Their conditions have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
An investigation into the shooting is ongoing.