Officials say a man who was beaten in a bloody park brawl in Lewiston has died
LEWISTON, Maine (AP) — Maine officials say a man who was beaten in a bloody park brawl in Lewiston has died.
Law enforcement officials said 38-year-old Donald Giusti, of Lewiston, died Friday afternoon at Central Maine Medical Center.
The melee Tuesday night in Lewiston’s Kennedy Park reportedly began when BB and pellet guns were fired from a passing car. Nicholas Vinciguerra tells the Sun Journal he was with a group that was then attacked by about 30 people who had sticks, bats and pipes.
The Lewiston Police Department instituted a 9 p.m. curfew at the park. Maine State Police are investigating the case because of severity the victim’s condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida