Officials say a man who was beaten in a bloody park brawl in Lewiston has died
LEWISTON, Maine (AP) — Maine officials say a man who was beaten in a bloody park brawl in Lewiston has died.
Law enforcement officials said 38-year-old Donald Giusti, of Lewiston, died Friday afternoon at Central Maine Medical Center.
The melee Tuesday night in Lewiston’s Kennedy Park reportedly began when BB and pellet guns were fired from a passing car. Nicholas Vinciguerra tells the Sun Journal he was with a group that was then attacked by about 30 people who had sticks, bats and pipes.
The Lewiston Police Department instituted a 9 p.m. curfew at the park. Maine State Police are investigating the case because of severity the victim’s condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Spokane-native astronaut Anne McClain is under investigation for alleged space crime
- American woman who gave birth as a Taliban hostage slowly reclaims life
- Trump ordered U.S. companies to leave China; here's why they can’t.
- Trump's fake accent angers Asian Americans as they veer left
- David Koch, billionaire and industrialist who funded conservatives, dies at 79 VIEW