Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man in Providence
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man in Providence.
WPRI-TV reports that the shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. Sunday on Garnet Street. The man was taken to Rhode Island Hospital and later died from his injuries.
Investigators said the man was shot multiple times.
Police are continuing to talk with witnesses. They believe the man was targeted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- Dentist killed his wife on an African hunting trip, U.S. says
- A Nike executive seeks a family’s forgiveness for a 1965 murder